Marketing and Communications Internship
CityServe Network seeks a spirited, intelligent self-starter who believes in the CityServe Mission to assist marketing and communication programs. This internship is an excellent opportunity for real, hands-on experience in the field of nonprofit, community Work.
- Organize and attend communications meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
- Assist in social media strategy, includes developing content and gathering imagery
- Monitor media and update promotional reports
- Assist in media relations, includes press release drafts and press conferences
- Assist in monthly eNewsletter
- Assist in podcast marketing and promotions
- Assist in other marketing strategies and tactics
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel) Proficiency in design programs is a plus, but not required
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the ministry of CityServe
Position open until filled, requires a 3-month commitment.
8-12 hours/week, most at home
This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship. Potential to hire for paid part-time position dependent on internship evaluation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org